How to submit LHDN income tax form via e-Filing
E-Filing is an alternative method of submitting your Income Tax Return Form (ITRF). If done properly, it’s more convenient and faster than the usual manual submission method.
What is e-Filing?
An application on filling and filing Income Tax Return Form (ITRF) electronically through internet for the following tax forms:
|Form B||Business Income|
|Form BE||Non-Business Income|
|Form M (e-M)||Non-resident Individual|
|Form E (e-E)||Employer|
|Form C (e-C)||Company|
|Form R (e-R)||108 statement for company|
|e-Estimated (e-CP204)||An online Estimate Tax Payable Form submission for company/ co-operative society/ trust body|
Below are the steps needed for you to start using e-Filing to submit your income tax return form online. Step 1 and 2 are a must if you are a first time user.
1. Get the PIN
This step is only applicable if this is your first time using e-Filing. You can get the PIN number using one of the following methods:
- Get it from the ITRF (Income Tax Return Form) sent to you by LHDN/IRBM.
- Visiting the nearest IRBM/LHDN office.
- Apply through telephone/ letter/ fax (a copy of identity card is required for verification).
2. Register digital certificate
This step is also for first time user only.
- Go to e-Hasil’s “First Time Login”.
- Enter the PIN and your IC number to proceed with registering a digital certificate.
- Fill in your name, IC number, tax reference number etc. as required. You will also need to supply a password. This password will be required when you want to login to your e-Form later and each time afterwards.
- Click “Setuju” button and wait until a popup appears to inform that your digital certificate has been registered successfully.
3. Fill the tax return form
- Go to e-Hasil’s “e-Form Login” and choose the appropriate form.
- Enter your IC number and password.
- Proceed with filling in your tax return form. The form is divided into 7 sections:
- Maklumat Individu (Individual Information)
- Maklumat Isteri (Wife Information)
- Pendapatan Berkanun & Jumlah Pendapatan (Statutory Income & Total Income)
- Tuntutan Pelepasan (Deductions)
- Tuntutan Rebat/ Tolakan Cukai/ Pelepasan Cukai (Tax rebate/ deduction/ relief)
- Rumusan Cukai (Tax summary)
- Akuan & Tandatangan (Declaration & Signature)
Make sure you update the form after completing each section by clicking the “Simpan & Teruskan” button at the bottom of each section.
- After completing the whole form, click “Tandatangan & Hantar” to digitally sign and submit it.
- The form receipt acknowledgement will be displayed. Save and/ or print the acknowledgement by pressing the “Simpan & Cetak Pengesahan”.
- You can also save or print the submitted form by pressing the “Simpan & Cetak e-BE”.
- Don’t forget to keep the print outs as your tax record.
Source: Inland Revenue Board (IRB) / Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN) Malaysia.