Skim Amanah Rakyat 1Malaysia / SARA 1Malaysia scheme
Skim Amanah Rakyat 1Malaysia (SARA 1Malaysia) is a newly-launched government-initiated scheme aimed at encouraging low-income earners to save and invest. It is a hybrid of a unit trust investment and a loan product implemented by Permodalan Nasional Berhad (PNB). It will offer the total financing of RM500 million with 100,000 householders expected to participate.
Applications for the scheme will open on Monday 30 January 2012 and will extend for a year or upon full subscription. Eligible applicants can apply for a RM5,000 investment loan to be invested in the Amanah Saham 1Malaysia, with a five-year repayment period.
Loan applicants without salary slips will have to furnish salary verification documents from related parties.
Who’s eligible to apply
- Malaysians aged between 18 and 58 years old with gross household income of between RM500 and RM3,000
- Applicants must not be declared bankrupt throughout the loan funding period
- Any other terms set by the banks
- Applicants and / or spouse must not be a participant or beneficiary of any ASNB-related Government program.
- Applicants and / or spouse do not have any investments in ASNB unit trust products OR applicants and/or spouse(s) (household) have a combined aggregate investment of less than RM10,000 in all ASNB products
- All-clear status for ASNB unit trust account
- Only one member of the household is eligible to obtain the loan funding
- Application is approved for a loan at one bank
- CIMB Bank
- RHB Bank
- Bank Simpanan Nasional