List of licensed Islamic banks in Malaysia
Malaysia's Islamic finance industry has been in existence for over 30 years, started after the enactment of the Islamic Banking Act 1983.
At present, Malaysia is one of the most developed Islamic banking markets in the world. It is growing at an annual rate of 18-20% and it’s assets reached USD65.6 billion. This is supported by comprehensive financial infrastructure, continual product innovation, adoption of global best practices, and strong emphasis on human capital development.
Currently, there are significant number of full-fledged Islamic banks operating in Malaysia including several foreign owned entities; conventional institutions who have established Islamic subsidiaries and also entities who are conducting foreign currency business.
- Affin Islamic Bank Berhad
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation (Malaysia) Berhad
- Alliance Islamic Bank Berhad
- AmIslamic Bank Berhad
- Asian Finance Bank Berhad
- Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad
- Bank Muamalat Malaysia Berhad
- CIMB Islamic Bank Berhad
- Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
- HSBC Amanah Malaysia Berhad
- Kuwait Finance House (Malaysia) Berhad
- Maybank Islamic Berhad
- OCBC Al-Amin Bank Berhad
- Public Islamic Bank Berhad
- RHB Islamic Bank Berhad
- Standard Chartered Saadiq Berhad