How to claim Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M)
The RM500 “Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M)” is now ready for disbursement to the eligible rakyats. As promised in 2012 Budget, households who earn less than RM3,000 per month are eligible to claim this one-off cash assistance (aimed to ease financial burden). To receive the money, all you they need to do now is apply using the BR1M application form.
The BR1M forms are available free at all branch offices and service centers of the Inland Revenue Board, Information Department, government agencies , the main lobby of the Finance Ministry in Putrajaya and selected schools from 9 am until 5 pm on weekdays. It also can be downloaded from Ministry of Finance website.
When returning the BR1M application form, the head of a household should attach the latest pay slip (if applicable), a copy of the applicant's identity card and a copy of dependents' identity cards (husband, wife or children).
An action will be taken against people who claim the RM500 aid, but do not qualify or submitting false information.
Below are the specifics regarding this one-off RM500 aid.
- Malaysian citizen
- Gross household income of less than RM3,000 per month.
- Senior citizen who are more than 60 years old, stay alone & earn less than RM3,000 per month.
- Those receiving aid from the Welfare Department under the e-Kasih were also eligible.
Definition of a household
- Head of family with dependants.
- Father, mother or single with dependants.
- Married children is considered separate household.
You can download the BR1M registration form here and submit it at any of the available BR1M registration counters. You can get further details can by calling a toll free hotline set up by the Finance Ministry at 1-800-22-500, which is operational between 9 am and 5 pm on weekdays.